The Vietnam Swans are based in Hanoi, Hoi An / Danang, Saigon, Binh Duong and Vung Tau.
The original Hanoi Swans played its first international match in Hanoi in November, 2003.
Four years later, August 2007, the Hanoi Swans went national as the Vietnam Swans and debuted at the 8th Annual Asian Championships in Bangkok.
Highlights of the Vietnam Swans’ year include the ANZAC Friendship Match in Vung Tau, the Asian Championships, the Indochina Cup, support charities (eg Swim Vietnam (in Vietnam, more children die from drowning than road accidents)), International friendly matches, AFL Grand Final Parties, Christmas Parties etc, etc.
Objectives of the Vietnam Swans
To play regular competitive, international matches to:
- Create the reason for the Club to exist
- Appeal to players who like competition, travel and being part of a Club
- Improve the general level of fitness of members
- To develop and maintain a Club culture that is social, family friendly and welcomes a far broader group than just hard-core footballers
- To give back to the local community; eg supporting swimming initiatives that reduce the number of drownings in Vietnam
- To create special and significant functions / events that provide attendees with a richer experience than otherwise would be possible
- To use Aussie Rules – Australia’s Signature Sport – as a vehicle to promote Australian causes/interests where appropriate
- To use our Club as a vehicle to promote our sponsors to ensure they receive fair value for their sponsorship
For further information:
Visit the Vietnam Swans’ website.