AFL Asia and the Shanghai Tigers, in cooperation with AustCham Shanghai, the AFL and Port Adelaide Football Club, are pleased to host the inaugural “Shanghai Cup” – a 12-a-side Aussie Rules Tournament on Saturday the 13th May – to be run in conjunction with the AustCham Shanghai’s Summer BBQ at Wellington College International Shanghai.
Registrations for Open, 35+ Masters and Junior divisions are now open and expected to sell out. Spots for the 1-day tournament are strictly limited and on a first-come-first serve basis. Each team, will be guaranteed 3 x 20min round games, with 30min finals for top teams.
The historic first AFL game for premiership points between the Power and Suns will follow on Sunday 14th at Jiangwan Stadium, with exciting news for local player development efforts in Asia that a Team China vs a combined Team AFL Asia local player game will be played directly following the AFL game.
Tickets for the AFL game will be sold separately, see this update from Port Adelaide on latest arrangements. AFL Asia is also currently negotiating travel and ticketing packages with providers, details will be made available shortly.
– 12-a-side full contact standard AFL rules with 25m penalties
– Max 20 players per team
– Open Division, Masters Division (35+), U12 and U16 Junior Divisions
– 20 minute games (10 min halves), 30 minute finals (15 min halves)
– AFL special guests throughout the day
– Carnival atmosphere – Held in conjunction with the AustCham Summer BBQ
– US$1,000 (A$1,340) per team
– Fees include transport to and from the official tournament hotel and Wellington College, AFL accredited umpires, showbag, water and bananas, massage services, entry fees and access to a special ticketing offer for the Shanghai 2017 AFL game.
Contact us for further details on travel, accommodation, sponsorship and AFL game and corporate packages.